Monday, September 24, 2007

Hiking from Latschau to Lindauer Hütte








A beautiful hiking trip in the Montafon region in southern Vorarlberg starts in Latschau. Driving to Tschagguns you turn right there and drive up the road to the Lünersee Kraftwerk and start of the Golmerbahn. With the 8 people cabin of the Golmerbahn Gondel we took the way up to Grüneck, which is already on 2001 meters above see levels, so the view is breathtaking without previous effort. From there you take the way down (and then a bit up again) to Lindauer Hütte where on a day as beautiful as yesterday crowds of hikers had the same idea. After a rest on a small back bench at Lindauer Hütte - we ordered a coffee to sort of take away to behind the restaurant..the way down through the Gauertal was quite long but the view to Drei Türme and Sulzfluh still very overwhelming.

4 comments:

GeologyJoe said...

Very beautiful. One time I was in Austria I did a very short hike to a place called ?Housenstein? I think that was it...very beautiful country. I wish I had my road bike with me at the time.

Lisa said...

gorgeous photos! I've never been to Austria, but this kind of scenery makes me want to pack immediately....

Gil said...

Boy was I joining you on this journey... fabulous.

Don Thieme said...

Breathtaking! This is a hike which I would very much like to take.